Tomas Hirschfeld Award Call 2023
The Tomas Hirschfeld Award (THA) was last given in 2022 to Dr. Wouter Saeys in July 2022 at the International Diffuse Reflectance (IDRC-2022). More information on previous winners of the THA can be found on the ICNIRS website (https://icnirs.org/tomas-hirschfeld-award/awardees/).
The International Council of Near Infrared Spectroscopy (ICNIRS) is now inviting nominations for the 2023 Tomas Hirschfeld Award. This award, co-funded by Si-Ware and ICNIRS, is made in recognition of a significant innovative and/or scientific contribution to near infrared spectroscopy. It awarded on the basis of excellence in research conducted by a scientist of international standing.
“The winner of the Hirschfeld Award needs to have made a significant contribution to the growth of NIR technology. Eligibility is not restricted to senior scientists: graduate or post-graduate students who have done unique work in the field are also eligible. The award is open to academic or industrial researchers from any country, with the only restriction that the candidate must not be a direct employee of an instrument company.”
The award will be presented at the 21st International Conference on Near-Infrared Spectroscopy, NIRS-2023 (Innsbruck, Austria, August 20th – 24th, 2023).
• The candidate must be nominated using the official nomination form.
• One person can nominate no more than one candidate.
• The awardee will receive a plaque and a cash prize of $4,000 as well as the registration of the NIRS-2023 conference where the Award Session is held.
• The awardee must attend the award session and present a talk. Details of this session will be arranged between the conference convener, a Si-Ware representative, the ICNIRS President-Elect and the awardee.
• The awardee will automatically become a member of ICNIRS for a 2-year period.
• The Awards Committee may decide not to confer the THA in any given year if suitable candidate(s) cannot be identified.
Once a candidate has been selected for the Tomas Hirschfeld Award, she/he has the following responsibilities:
• To send to the President-Elect a short bibliography with a recent photograph.
• To prepare a presentation to be given during the award session at the relevant conference.
• To write the content of the presentation as a paper to be published in NIR News or JNIRS.
• To provide a photograph to be published on the sponsor’s and the ICNIRS websites.
Please refer to the webpage Tomas Hirschfeld Awardees for further information.
Nominations must be sent by email (subject Tomas Hirschfeld Award) to the ICNIRS President-Elect Prof. Lola Pérez Marín to arrive no later than March 31st, 2023 (midnight of UTC + 14hr).
Late nominations will not be considered for the award.
Prof. Lola Pérez Marín
ETSIAM, University of Córdoba (SPAIN)
Updated : 3 March 2023