ICNIRS Karl Norris Award Call and Guidelines 2023
The International Council of Near Infrared Spectroscopy (ICNIRS) is now inviting nominations for the fifth ICNIRS Karl Norris Award (KNA) honours the unique contribution of Karl Norris as the internationally recognised founder of modern near infrared spectroscopy. The ICNIRS Karl Norris Award is made in recognition of a major contribution to the science of near infrared spectroscopy, including research and development of new technology. The award is open to senior academic or industrial researchers from any country, and there is no restriction on the employment background of the nominee.
The ICNIRS Karl Norris award will be presented at the 21th International Conference on Near Infrared Spectroscopy (www.nir2023.at) to be held in Innsbruck, Austria, from Sunday 20th to Thursday 24st of August 2023.
- The nomination must be in the form of a signed letter and may be made by anyone.
- Each nomination must be seconded.
- One person can nominate no more than one candidate.
- The nomination must include the candidate’s full name and title, a short biography, a list of publications, a recent photograph and a statement generally supporting the nomination.
- The award may be presented to one individual only.
- The awardee shall be required to attend the ICNIRS Conference to receive the award and to deliver the “Norris Address”.
- Late nominations will not be considered for the award.
- The Selection Committee may decide not to confer the Karl Norris Award in any given year if a suitable candidate cannot be identified.
- The awardee will receive a medal and their registration fee for NIR2023 will be paid by ICNIRS.
- The awardee will automatically become member of ICNIRS for a two-year period.
Please refer to the webpage Karl Norris Awardees for further information.
Nominations must be emailed to the ICNIRS president, Professor Søren Balling Engelsen, by no later than March 31st, 2023. Late nomination will not be accepted.
Professor Søren Balling Engelsen
Phone: +45 20200064
Updated : 3 March 2023